The Thompson-Nicola Film Commission is primarily funded by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD). Approximate contribution is $210,000 annually. The film commission is governed by the TNRD Board of Directors (more)
Creative BC provides an annual Regional Film Funding Program grant of $30,000. CrBC is financially supported by the Province of BC.
TNFC special projects have been funded by grants from Northern Development Initiatives Trust. Examples of special projects are:
- Gold Country Vignettes (see Videos on under Locations on the banner)
- Directory of Services (in part)
- TNRD Photo Library (in part)
- Locations Brochure (in part)
- Film Tourism Movie Map www.ThompsonNicolaMovieMap.com
- Print quality, professional photos of key locations
Other funding or in-kind partners have been Southern Interior Development Initiative Trust, Explore Gold Country Services, Tourism Kamloops, Venture Kamloops, Tourism Wells Gray, Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, Creative BC, Regional Film Commissions Association of BC, MPPIA, and regional hotels such as Hotel 540, the Coast Kamloops Hotel & Conference Centre, The Plaza Hotel, the Thompson Hotel & Conference Centre, the Ramada Inn and the Best Western Plus.
The Thompson-Nicola Film Commission staff:
- Film Commissioner, Victoria Weller
- Film Commission Assistant, Sherre Lapointe
- Legislative Assistant, Andrea Leite (on leave)
- Temporary Legislative Assistant, Teresa Watson
The film commission works with freelance location scouts such as Gina Marks of Interior Locations, Connie Falk of San Tiara Consulting, and professional photographers, drivers, guides and persons with special expertise as well as production companies from throughout the Thompson-Nicola region.
The Thompson-Nicola Film Commission also draws upon the talents and expertise of the Thompson-Nicola Regional District staff such GIS & Mapping, Accounting, Administration, Communications (Social Media) and IT departments.