Thompson-Nicola Film Commission
Mission & Goals
2013 - 2016
To sustain the Thompson-Nicola Film Commission as a full-time, full-service film commission that represents the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD).
To have a strategic plan that covers two consecutive years with a budget for the third year in order to incorporate and plan initiatives that fall on alternating years.
The Mission Statement of the Thompson-Nicola Film Commission is:
In cooperation with Creative BC, to attract and encourage motion picture and digital media productions that will result in expenditures in, or exposure of the Thompson-Nicola Film Commission area.
The 5 goals of the Thompson-Nicola Film Commission are:
- To have motion picture productions and digital media productions film in the TNRD.
- To provide logistical support and information to production companies planning to film or filming in the TNRD.
- To be financially accountable by practicing due diligence in seeking funding opportunities or in-kind support.
- To provide TNRD communities and residents with motion picture and digital media production knowledge.
- To monitor and adopt best practices in utilizing social media and technology.